Since 1955, the annual World Press Photo contest has set the standard in visual journalism. The World Press Photo 2017 yearbook brings you the winners—the most striking images and compelling stories from the past year. View the online gallery of winners for a preview of what is in this year's edition.
Selected from 80,408 pictures taken by 5,034 photojournalists and documentary photographers from 126 countries, the prize-winning pictures are presented in a moving, sometimes disturbing document. With 240 pages, high-quality printing and 175 of the best photographs and their stories, the World Press Photo 2017 yearbook will continue to inform and inspire.
- 175 prize-winning images by 45 photographers from 25 countries
- Interview with Photo of the Year winner Burhan Ozbilici
- Foreword by Stuart Franklin, Chair of the 2017 Photo Contest general jury
- 240 glossy color pages
- High-quality printing on Maximat Prime paper, 300 / 150 g
- Available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, and Spanish